Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

90's Fashion Comebacks

Hey y'all! Guys I am SO excited for this post (I'm writing it on a Saturday Night btw...)! A while ago, I noticed that a few of the fashion trends from the 90's are coming back (which I am proud of for being so observant;). It might be a slightly long list, but I will try to keep it short (it will really only be long because the pictures take up so much room)! And by the way, yes I am posting very early this week so idk if I will post again later this week! So before I get too carried away, here are the top recent trends that have made a comeback from the 90's:

Pants

High Waisted Pants/Shorts

I started wearing high waisted jeans since they started selling them at Pacsun (because that's mainly where I shop) a while ago, mostly just because I think they are so much more comfortable. Then, about a week ago, I was looking through a ton of my old baby pictures, and I noticed how basically all the pants that my sister and my mom were wearing in them were high waisted! High waisted pants have definitely made a huge comeback, probably one of the biggest ones.

High waisted shorts, photo from Etsy

Overalls

Over the past few months I have seen a few girls at school wearing overalls. This is a trend that I never would have guessed would come back. I told my mom about this, and she agrees! She told me about how when I was a baby she wore overalls ALL the time, but then they went out of style. I first noticed that overalls were coming back in style when they started selling them at Pacsun not too long ago. But now for the most part this new overall trend has turned them into shorts, like in the picture below.

Short overalls, photo from here!

"Grunge"

(Not pants, I just don't have a category to put this in!) This next trend is what people call "grunge". Although, some people say that grunge is not necessarily a fashion statement, but more of a "vibe". This vibe could be described as badass, "dirty", or just giving off the vibe of not caring. To me, this style is very teenager-ish and I am totally in love with it! There is also "soft-grunge", which I guess is a less prominent form of grunge. It was popular in not only the 90's but the 80's as well.

I found both photos on Pinterest.


Tops

Plaid

Plaid is probably one of my favorite things to wear. About a month ago everyone at school wore plaid. It was just one of those things that you had to have! Plaid was also super popular in the 90's and a little bit in the 80's. I personally love wearing plaid because it doesn't necessarily have to match what you are wearing, and it goes with most things despite the fact that it has a distinct pattern.

Photo from Pinterest

Crop Tops

Crop tops have been back for a while now, and based on how much fashion trends come and go, I'm sure they will be gone again soon. Crop tops (in my opinion) are the perfect summer top because when it's hot outside, you don't have to wear a full shirt, but it won't be too short either. You can also wear them with any bottoms and it would still look cute. 

This photo totally captures not only how cute crop tops can be, but also
high waisted shorts, along with a little bit of the grunge look in the shorts (on the left)
Photo from Tumblr

Denim

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE denim tops! Seriously! They just go with pretty much any top, and if you match it right you can even wear them with jeans. At first this trend was just a long sleeve type of top, then it went to the jean vests, but now it looks like it's turning into the full on denim jacket. I love all these looks so so much!

Denim Top
Photo from Pinterest

Denim vest
Photo from here
Denim Jacket
Photo from here

Shoes

Doc Martens

Doc Martens have most definitely made a comeback from the 90's! I remember on the 4th of July my friend Savana telling me how the girls at her school started wearing them, so I guess it just took a while for them to travel from California to Park City! Doc Martens are basically combat boots, just bigger and more clunky looking. They can be really cute if you wear them right, but sometimes they just look like too much in my opinion.

Doc Marten boots
Photo from here

White Shoes

White shoes have become really popular, specifically white Chuck Taylors! Oh my... nearly every girl in school has a pair of white Chuck Taylors, and if you don't them kudos to you. I remember when I got mine earlier in the school year, the guy at the store said, "I think every girl in Park City has bought a pair of these." And boy was he right. I just absolutely love my white Chucks because they look good with literally every single outfit!

White Converse/Chuck Taylors
Photo from Bows and Brushes


So there you have it, kids! A few of the top trends that have come back from the 90's! I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment