Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

10 Beauty Tips & Tricks


Hey y'all! So on my poll people have said that they want me to post more makeup/hair stuff. I didn't really know what else to post other than beauty tips and tricks, so that's what I'm doing. But also... I've been thinking about blog topics. With all the blogs, there are a few people that do crafts, a few that do beauty, a few that post about their personal lives, and a few that are "inspirational". I'm going to dry and do a mix between inspirational (probably more like deep topics, like my fears post) and beauty. So yeah, I don't know. We'll see. So without further typing, here is my list of 10 beauty tips and tricks!


1.  Hot hot hot!
For a better lash curl, heat up your curler! Use your blow dryer on it for a bout 10-20 seconds, but make sure it doesn't get too hot. Wait about 30 seconds, then curl your lashes and apply makeup as usual!
Photo courtesy: The Beauty Department

2. Scrub a dub dub
If you don't have the money to buy lip scrubs, or the time to make one, I got your back (but if you want a super good DIY scrub, go to my friend Cali's blog!). To get your lips baby soft and smooth, get a warm washcloth at night time and rub it on your lips. This will get all the dry and flaky stuff off. Then, put on a moisturizing lip balm and get your beauty sleep!

3. Some home made tint 
If you are one of the girls who uses tinted moisturizer, but you are running low, you can make your own! Mix a little bit of foundation with your daily moisturizer and there you have it! Tinted moisturizer!

4. Out of shampoo?
You can use baking soda as an all natural shampoo! Personally, I wouldn't do this on a regular basis but if you find yourself in the shower and out of shampoo (or camping or whatever), just run to the pantry and whip out that baking soda. But make sure it's baking SODA, not baking POWDER. That could be bad.

5. Pearly whites
If you want to whiten your teeth without the harsh stuff in the whitening strips, you can mix lemon juice and baking soda for a home-made concoction!

6. My worst enemy... static electricity
I don't know about you guys, but if you have hair like mine then you will constantly find yourself getting your hands when do water down your hair. STATIC. When my hair gets all staticky, it drives me completely insane. I have always just gotten my hands when then run my fingers through my hair, but that only solves the problem for a minute or two. Then, when I got my hair cut the lady told of a trick she knows of: get non-static spray that you would spray on your clothes (not the kind that is meant for your hair, that will make your hair oily) and spray it on your hairbrush when you brush your hair. I haven't tried it yet, but she said it works like magic!

7. Pop one thing at a time... like popcorn
My friend Cali mentioned this to me before, and doing research for tips and tricks I found it and I decided to put it in this post! Play up your lips and your eyes, but never both at the same time... you will look like a clown. If you have smokey eyes or a lot of bronzer/blush, go for nude colored lips. If you have a bold lips, use a natural look for your face and eyes.

these people have bright lips but natural eyes
this girl has bold eyes, but natural lips!
8. Prevent wrinkles and sun damage with ease
Sunscreen. We all hate putting it on, but I know when I am old I will thank myself for it! Sunscreen will help you do not get as many wrinkles when you are older, as well as prevent sun damage/sun spots. You should always wear sunscreen, even when it is cold or rainy outside. A lot of people think that if you put sunscreen on, it will make it so that you can't get a tan... not true! You can still get a good tan, while making sure that your skin stays healthy. Good habits start young, my friends!

You can't tell where the sun damage is,
but with special light this is what sun damage looks
like if you don't wear sunscreen.
9. Play to your strengths
This one should be a given but... play to your strengths! If people tell you that you have good lips, wear a lipgloss or lipstick that will make your lips pop! If you are told that you have really pretty eyes, wear some eyeshadow that will help to make them stand out! Also, know what color shirts look best on you for when you go shopping.

10. Vas, my bestie!
 Vaseline. My best friend for months now. I mainly use vaseline for my lips (it makes them so moisturized, but it also actually makes them look good if you apply the right amount!), but after doing some research you can put vaseline on your hands and feet when you go to bed, and you will wake up with mad-soft skin.
I didn't even know this type of vaseline existed, I always just
used the regular kind but this looks way better!

2 comments:

  1. Way to copy my lip scrub thing.... and the title of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I didn't even see that post! I was looking on a website and that was one of the things on it...

    ReplyDelete