Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Into the Wild

Earlier this week, I went home from school because I wasn't feeling well. When I got home, I was of course not in the mood to do homework, so I went on Netflix to see what my movie options were. I came across a movie called Into the Wild (which I remember my mom talking about because it was my brother's favorite movie). So I thought, "Hey, why not watch it?".

Watching that movie was one of the best choices I have ever made.
No joke.

The main character, Christopher McCandless (played by Emile Hirsche), is kind of my dream guy. Chris had a little sister, and his family is the definition of dysfunctional, which I can totally relate to. After graduating from a 4-year college as a top student, Chris donates all of his $24,000 savings to a charity, gets rid of all the things he owns, and pretty much just disappears. He doesn't want to be found. He just wants to explore the country and fulfill his ambitious dream of surviving (not living, surviving) in the wilderness of Alaska.
Along the way, Chris hitchhikes and meets many people that help him to shape his life and get him to wherever he needs to go next.

But I'm not writing this to tell you a review of the movie. I wanted to explain why I fell in love with it.

Chris is one of the few people in the world who think in the same way that I do. He never saw the need for all the possessions he had. He just simply wanted to live his life, and do so the way that he wanted to. If you aren't already catching my drift about what I am trying to say... Chris completely understood the concept of YOLO.

I can't put into words the emotions that this movie made me feel, there's just no possible way that I can even try to write it all down. It inspired me in so many ways, and the ending made me cry my eyes out, probably harder than I ever have for a movie (no spoilers though!). If you ever get the opportunity to watch this movie, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it! I don't know if it will necessarily change your life in the way that it changed mine, but I hope that it will at least change the way you look at a few things.

Here's a few of my favorite quotes from the movie (none of these photos are mine, I found them all on tumblr)...






Incase you can't read it, it says, "When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it."




(Alexander Supertramp was a name that Chris created for himself)

So yeah. Guys please watch this movie sometime soon. Like I don't know if I'm just going crazy with how much I loved this movie or what... Like maybe it wasn't even that great, maybe I'm just going crazy.

Who knows? I guess you'll just have to watch the movie and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment