Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

How to Deal With Stress!!!

Before I start, guys please vote on my poll! I just want to know what type of posts people like more so that I know what to post!
Also, this is my second post this week.... I don't know what's up with that but YOLO.

In Park City, we have a break from school that everyone calls Ski Week. And trust me, that's going to be crazy fun! But of course, teachers have to assign a month's time of work 5 days before we go on break. I don't know about you guys, but I have to write an English essay, an essay for Foods & Nutrition, make up a Geography test, study for an English test, and on top of all that I have the weekly regular homework that I already stress about.

We are about to hit midterms for 3rd quarter, so of course I have to have bad grades. I swear, it's like the teachers wait until after midterms to enter grades in Powerschool. It's like they want my parents to get upset.

Ugh, and here's the worst part: When your body and mind are stressed out, your skin decides to be annoying and you break out, which clearly nobody wants.

 I honestly just don't know how to deal with it all. I am SO stressed! And I imagine that you are pretty stressed too, and if you aren't stressed enough now then this post will hopefully help you in the future.

So here is a few things that I do to help myself relax and reduce the stress!!!







1. Make a List
Making a list of the things you need to get done definitely helps you to be less stressed. This way, you can complete one task without constantly hoping that you aren't forgetting anything important. It is also helpful for your mind to visually see what you have achieved, along with what still needs to be completed.










hehe my blanket is a tiger



2. Breath & Listen... maybe even nap
When you are stressed out, you usually get pretty tired. It seems like no matter how early I go to bed, I am still tired the next day because my mind is constantly thinking about 100 things at a time. So, sometimes you just need to sit back and relax... literally. For 10 or 15 minutes, just turn some music, lay down, and chill out. If you need to, you can take a nap (just make sure to set an alarm for about 20 minutes later. If you sleep too long during a nap, you won't be able to fall asleep at night).











3. Exercise
Going for a run, or maybe even dancing around my room is my absolute most favorite way to deal with stress. When you are running, you are mostly focusing on where you are going, but you also have time to think about something other than school. And well, dancing in the mirror is just great! You can totally just forget about all the stress and have some fun!











It's empty... I know





4. Hot Bath
I have been doing this a lot lately, and it most definitely helps.. It's really nice to just relax and be calm. I like to play calm music with my bluetooth speaker, and just go on Instagram or whatever. I also like putting a ton of bubbles in my bath, because I mean come on... who doesn't love bubbles? If you want, it is ultra relaxing to either dum the light or turn if off, and light some candles.



No comments:

Post a Comment