Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

My Personal High

After a ton of thinking, I have finally found what I am going to write about. I got my final theme from one of my classmates, Emily. Emily's blog is called PsychoSmile. My blog will simply be about what makes my soul happy. Things that make me smile. This means that there are a lot of things that make me happy, so I will be writing about a whole variety of things that will all tie together in the end.


So, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of things that make me happy is soccer. I don't even know where to begin when I talk about soccer. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I am somewhat decent at it, or just because it's exercise, and exercise releases happy thoughts. Or maybe it's the fact that I get to be around my friends. Whatever it is, I love it and I can't get enough of it.

When I first started playing, I had no idea what I was doing. I got the idea of trying out for Park City Soccer Club. I was in the fourth grade, and I had never done so much as touch a soccer ball. So, being the spontaneous person that I am, I decided that I wanted to go to tryouts. All the girls I was going up against had been playing soccer since they were tiny little kids, and they were all way ahead of me on the skill level. I ended up making the practice roster, but I still got to play in some of the tournaments with the team. By the following year, I had made the team and improved more than I thought I ever could. I was finally on the team, but it took lots of hard work.

Then, after being with PCSC for about three years, my team made the decision to transition over to Black Diamond, the "local rival" team. They had better coaching, and everyone we talked to said that it was a definitely worth the transition. My team as been with BDSC for a year now, and it has been an overall great experience

My BDSC team, we won first place Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 


Without soccer in my life, I would honestly be a complete wreck. I don't mean to turn this into a personal diary, but I have been through a hell of a lot in my life, and soccer helped me through it all. When I'm having feeling down, soccer can get it off my mind. When I'm having a bad day, and I mean a really bad day, soccer can get it off my mind. Throughout it all, soccer has been there when people weren't. I know that it sounds totally cheesy, but it's 100% true! One of the things that I love most about soccer is the adrenaline rush. The feeling that I get when I beat defenders, but mostly the feeling that I get when I can out-run them. I'm a fast runner, and I love it. I know it probably comes off as conceded, but I don't care. Sometimes you've gotta use what you've got! Out of everything in my life, soccer is one of the top two that keeps me the most happy. Soccer is my personal high.

This is me getting my first place medal at a Las Vegas tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment