Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

La la la!

Before I start talking about my new topic, yes I did change pretty much the whole look of my blog. I thought that even though I liked the background picture on my other theme, it looked kind of depressing. So I made a collage of a few "tumblr" pictures and set it as the background. But an even bigger change than that was the theme of my blog. Instead of things that make me smile, I decided to focus more on "teenage drama". So, if I changed the theme I would have to change the title. I changed the title from  "My Life in Words & Pictures" to "The Ordinary Teen". However, you can expect that to change sometime in the near future (again!) because it's not my favorite title ever. So, sorry for all the changes and confusion it might have caused you!

This week I thought I would talk about music. Music, music, music. It's pretty much everywhere you go!
I have never met a person who didn't enjoy listening to music. In fact, I am using Pandora as I am writing this. Pretty much no matter what you are doing, music just makes it better. One of the best things ever is when you discover someone who likes all the same artists/songs that you do. However, no matter how much music is out there in the world, there's going to be people who barely listen to it. I listen to is all the time!

Reasons I listen to music:
I'm feeling sad
I'm feeling happy
It's Christmas
To get pumped up for soccer
I'm bored
I'm hungry
I'm not hungry
I'm in school
I'm not in school
I'm in the car
I'm walking
I can


So yeah, you can probably tell that I listen to music pretty much all the time. I think that one of the main reasons I adore music so much is because I can relate to people with it. I have so many memories with all my friends, and even with some people who aren't my friends, thanks to music. For example, if I am in the car with my friend Cali, and the song Counting Stars by OneRepublic comes on, we both look at each other because we have memories of that song together.


This is a picture I took when I went to the OneRepublic concert with my friends, it was at Deer Valley! 


One of my favorite artists of all time is Macklemore. The reason that I love Macklemore so much is because his music has deep meanings and thoughts behind them, whereas (for example) Miley Cyrus made a song called Can't Stop about partying. On the 26th of October, I get to go to his concert with one of my friends and I absolutely can't wait!!! It's going to be a blast!


Today I'm just in the list-making mood, so here's a list of songs that I love to listen to when I'm in certain moods!
1. Happy/smiley (this song also works for a love song): Smile by Uncle Kracker
2. Crazy sad: Breathe Me by Sia
3. Get pumped up for soccer: Hall of Fame by The Script OR Remember the Name by Fort Minor
3. Party hard: Bass Down Low by Dev
4. Lovey dovey: Arms by Christina Perry
5. Chilling out: Big Jet Plane by Angus and Julia Stone
6. When I want to sound cool around boys: Dat New New by Kid Cudi
7. Roadtrippin': Paper Planes by M.I.A

There are SO many more songs that I would love to share with the world, but those are just a few, so go check them out if you haven't already heard them! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment