Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Live in the Now

So for the past week or so things have just not been going my way. At all. It's been pretty shitty to be honest. Boy probs that are honestly so extremely dumb and looking back on it, I actually am kinda laughing. Well... it still hurts actually but I'm not going to live thinking about and what else could have happened.

On top of that, I haven't been doing my best at soccer. At practices shots on goal have been weak and off frame, and I just feel like I've just been sucking and haven't been on top of it lately.

Then there's school. Because of all this other crap, I've been so stressed out and I haven't been trying that hard in school lately. I honestly have not been able to focus in class and I've basically been half-assing all my homework and tests.

But now things are finally starting to turn around for me. I finally decided that I am just going to focus on school and soccer. No boys. No matter how cute. Just let it all go. Then today I had a soccer game and I scored a goal (I play defense, so when I played forward and scored a goal I felt on top of the world because I don't score often)! I definitely didn't have a perfect game, but scoring helped to bring some of my confidence back up. Now all I need to work on is school. Luckily I haven't had too much homework this week, so I have been able to find some stable ground again, which is a perfect place to get back on track. Things have to get worse before they can get better, right?

Thinking about this all, somehow, I came to the conclusion that there are three ways to live. And here they are:

The past: Dwelling in the past. Basically I hate thinking about the past. SO much crap has happened in the past (which probably goes for anybody), and yeah that sucks, but you've got to stop thinking about it. You can't keep thinking about all the things you should have done and should have said and that there's nothing you can do now. Turn this into a positive: There's nothing you can do now, which means you've got to make the best of what has already happened. Use that experience to the best of your ability.

The future: My least favorite. The future. Pretty sketchy if you ask me. Of course there are certain things that you HAVE to (basically forced to) think about for the future, like planning for college and getting a job. But you can't always live based on what might happen in the future. You can't always be thinking, "OMG but what if he says he doesn't like me back?" or silly stuff like that. Which leads me to the last way to live...

The present: Don't dwell on the past and don't stress about the future. Live in the now (a line I got from Jessica;) and be carefree (you know, without being dumb about it). Just go with the flow. Try your hardest in everything you do and give it your all, if it doesn't go your way then all well. Work towards a current goal you have. JUST SEE WHERE LIFE TAKES YOU!!!! Don't worry about it, okay? Because I promise that it might seem hard now, but whatever you are going through or whatever is happening, just remember that in a year it either won't matter or will be a lot better. I promise you that.

So don't worry about what did happen or what might happen. Live in the now.

(I found these pics after I wrote my post, so no I didn't get ideas from them, they just fit the post:)

photo from Tumblr

Photo from Tumblr



Much love! peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment