Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

DIY 2014 Memory Jar

Hey guys! So I've been wanting to do a DIY for SO long, but then I kept finding myself writing about other things. But now that 2013 is coming to a close, I figured it would be the perfect time for my most favorite DIY ever: a memory jar.
I got this idea on Pinterest a while ago, and I have been wanting to do it ever since! I love this DIY because anyone can do it, no matter how skilled you are with crafts and what not. Plus, you barely need any materials, and it takes a max of 5 minutes to complete!
I guess I should explain what a memory jar is... throughout the year there's definitely going to be lots of memories that you won't want to forget. So why not write them all down?! For anything that you feel is "worthy" of writing down, you can put it into the jar. Then on New Years Eve, you can open up the jar and read through all the things that you wrote down.
Another reason that I love this is because they don't necessarily have to be memories (even though it is called a memory jar...). You can write down any accomplishments of the year that you are proud of, or people you met, really anything that will make you smile when you read through them all!

Let's do this thing:












Heres what you will need:
Scissors
Markers
Tape
Paper
and a jar of any kind (you will probably want one with a lid)














Step 1: Make the label. I chose to just use a few colors, but you can design it and cut it out however you want! (I'm probably going to make a new label later on.)



















Step 2: Tape the label to the jar. I just taped the four corners, but if you don't like the tape showing then you can use double sided tape on the back, or just fold the tape.



















Step 3: Write down a memory. Or just write down whatever you want to put in the memory jar. I love the idea of using colored sticky notes, because by the end of the year your jar would be filled with lots of colors!















Step 4: Fold up the piece of paper and put it in the jar. Now, you're pretty much done making your memory jar! The only thing left is optional, which is to add ribbons or something to spice it up. Be creative!












Happy holidays and happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment